We appreciate your interest in our museum.
About Haus der Musik
Haus der Musik is a modern interactive experimental museum right in the heart of Vienna, the City of music. It was here in the former Palais of Archduke Charles, where Otto Nicolai, the founder of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, resided when he established the world famous orchestra. Today visitors can marvel at precious documents and mementos from the orchestra’s history at the Museum of the Vienna Philharmonic. Further four floors are dedicated to the presentation of the fascinating world of music and sound: compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice, test your talent as a conductor and face the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra or experiment yourself with sound, noises and instruments.
Take a journey through time into the world of the great masters of the Wiener Klassik: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg – all of them are presented within the context of their time through historic documents, models, costumes, modern installations and personal items.
In addition to the permanent exhibition, we present temporary exhibitions in the inner courtyard that focus on special music-historical themes.
Our B2B Offer
We look forward to working with you. Please contact us if you’re interested in:
– Tour groups and study groups, school trips (group reservation)
– Voucher agreements and group tariffs for partners in the tourism sector
– Exclusive packages (museum & concert, cocktail receptions, location rental)
– Exclusive guided tours for FITs and groups
– Private Acces Tour “Behind the Music”
– B2B information sheets
– Individual cooperations with hotels
– Service for tourist guides (introductional workshops and information material)
– Information on parking and how to find us
– Free admission for tour guides and bus drivers
We will keep you informed with our Newsletter for Touristic Partners. SIGNUP HERE!
Tel: +43/1/513 48 50
The exhibitions are self-explanatory (German and English). Guided tours may be organised in various languages on demand – pre-booking necessary.
Haus der Musik Guide
The museum guide for your smartphone as a free web-app available in German, English, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin and Russian. Go to guide.hdm.at
Bus Stop/Drop Off
der näheste Busparkplatz befindet sich beim Kunsthistorischen Museum, Bellariastraße / der nächste Bus-drop-off am Burgring oder in der Johannesgasse.
Weitere Infos für Busfahrer unter: www.bus.wien.info